Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Adventure

Hello blogosphere..in a quest to stretch my technology comfort zone and also find/discuss teaching tips from fellow educators, I am killing two birds with one stone and attempting a blog. This is my first year teaching kindergarten and it seems like I am always combing the internet for suggestions, ideas, templates, etc., and thought this might be a good place to corral them all. Instead of just visiting a blog, have a blog to call "ours", editing, sharing, connecting. Okay, that sounds a bit corny/overly inspirational speaker-like, but it's true. I am hopeful it will start some discussion on the following topics (if not, then at least it will organize my thoughts):

-Integrating technology (Promethean boards, websites, computers) into an early childhood classroom
-Best classroom management techniques
-Tips and insights into helping students diagnosed with various challenges (ADHD, ADD, ODD, allergies, speech impairments, hearing impairments, physical impairments, autism, bipolar...the list could go on)
-Interventions and enrichments to give all students what they need
-Best websites for teachers, parents, and students to use

I think that's enough to tackle for one day. Feel free to let me know you were here, and that someone actually read this rambling first entry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment